“Define your life forward
Live your life backward.” – Mark Driscoll
Essentially, know what your goal is. Then, break it down to smaller parts that can be done immediately.
Example) I want my gut to never go past my chest.
- 10 Situps/Pushups every minute for 10 minutes, every day [to maintain abdominal strength]
- Cardio every (other) day [Sunday-Run, Tue-Plyo, Thur-Swim/Run, Sat-mystery]
- Strength training every (other) day.
- Eat healthy [cut away food that is not as healthy, emphasize healthy choices; for me, no soda, little juice, and more meat/veggies]. Though, dieting is pointless if I end up being miserable. 😛
- Anythign else? Goal: Have this down by the end of summer 😉
- [I can always be more detailed & exacting; will edit post later ;]
Okay. I posted this up on the internet. That means I got the entire web to keep me accountable. Let’s see how well this reverse-engineering works out! ^^
Why am I doing this? To be healthy, disciplined, & ready for service. Last time I helped someone move, I had a much harder time than I thought…