1. What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
Fearing God. Understanding the reality of things in the light of that truth. (Ref. Rom 12:3)
2. What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
Salvation of a particular someone whom I’ve lost connections with.
3. What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
Call them back at least every other day, just to let them know how I’m doing.
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
Hmm… this is a tie between reading/studying God’s Word on a consistent schedule and evangelizing/preaching the Gospel to people who don’t know it. Ever since I’ve left the team, I lost the luxury of meeting with people who didn’t know God [now that I think about it, I could’ve done a lot more back then]
What will I do about it? As for reading/studying God’s Word consistently, I’m just going to have to set a specific time and make it my “meet-up” time with God. As for evangelism, I have to make the habit of coming out to my college fellowship’s random EV times consistently [which I have been], but to continue that over the summer as well next school year.
5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about i this year?
The object of my work is my greatest time-sucker: the internet. I use the internet to upload wonderful content and make something out of nothing, but a simple text editor and some brains. However, the internet also has Facebook, GChat, and much more wonderful distractions.
I’m going to be purposeful on how I use my time on the ‘net; I’m going to approach this with a list of tasks to do, so that I can stay focused on things I need to get done.
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
Hard question… For now, I think it would be to stop being a fool and start being discerning. One obvious thing is to not flaunt myself around church with the way I talk to the way I present myself to others.
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
One of my former dance partners.
8. What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
Being a dignified, composed man of God.
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
Having a list of prayer requests consolidated in a sheet next to me, as I pray.
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
For everybody, I will pray for the person before I talk to them. Before I talk to anyone, in my mind I will ask God to help me love and encourage this person in the way You want me to, so that I will not get in God’s work in his/her life.