What a trippy dream. 4/14/10
So, I took a 4 hr nap at 7pm, because I was feeling quite exhausted from the entire day and I knew I would be up later tonite.
The dream was quite weird.
I found myself in a place very similar to the airport level in MW2. It was weird, because I was walking around the place and noted all the messy things on the floor, along with blood and randomly splayed papers & things on the floor [very similar to that game level..] I even found myself holding a rifle too, which was quite remniscent of a particular game I played occasionally. My throat began to feel sore at this point.
However, it felt totally normal, because I found myself walking next to J. Woo [my grocery shopping buddy] and strangely enough, I see him with a grocery cart. Apparently, we’re doing our groceries in the middle of the airport and everything “seemed” normal.
Then, I saw her. I couldn’t believe it. It was her and her boyfriend, at the escalator! I was so happy to see that rosy thorn again! The last I’ve ever seen her was a long while ago! So obviously, I was super-excited to see her again, and without hesitation, I ran up to her to give her a big hug! [strangely enough, J. Woo was already talking with her; already teleported there?]
However, when I tried to talk to her, i felt my voice fading away. She couldn’t hear me. No matter what, I couldn’t say all I wanted to say. [Even more strange, my voice returned for a bit when I spoke with her boyfriend, and I joked that “everytime i see him, i’m always a little sick (with some cold/flu).”]
The couple left us and went to watch a movie [in the airport level? weird…]
Me and j. woo were left alone at the place. And we resumed chatting as he and I joked about my fading voice [at this point, i can no longer talk]. And then I remember hearing J. Woo talk about leaving the place to go back home.
And then I woke up.
So weird… I can’t believe I saw her again.
Things I can take away from the dream:
- From time to time, irreconcilable conflicts can still come back to try to haunt and remind us of the past.
- Video games can often take a certain portion of our thought-life, whether consciously/subconsciously.
- As we spend more and more time with friends, the more likely they will reside in portions of our heart.
- In irreconcilable conflicts, there will be words that we wished we had spoken, but never will utter. Because those times had faded away and the lines of communication is down.
- Somewhere between an apostate gal and a video game map, J. Woo is there 🙂
It’s not about what I feel that will determine my course. But it is about what is true, the objective reality.
My Response to “Things I can take away from the dream”:
- It will be a miracle for this conflict with my rosy thorn to be completely reconciled. Sometimes, even as I honestly truly seek the peace, it will not work out. It takes two to have true peace. And I was the only one who desired it so.
- I need to monitor my gaming habits. So far, playing 3 rounds per day in MW2 seems to be okay. But I need to make it a habit to lessen this potential distraction.
- I’m quite grateful for my friendships that God’s given me. Even in the midst of meeting a difficult person [even if it was a dream], at least one of my friends were there to support me.
- Next time, I will not let regrets happen. At least as much as I can help it.
- J. Woo is a great dude, who exudes awesomeness 🙂
As for my voice disappearing,
that isn’t such a bad thing at all. 🙂
PS: @sar, hopefully that answers ur question!